Associate Research Professor
- MFA University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- MA, Princeton University, Department of Comparative Literature.
- PhD, Princeton University, Department of Comparative Literature.
- Orality and epic; history of archaeology on the Western Coast of Turkey
- “Where Ion stood, what Ion sang,” Harvard Studies (1994).
- “Libri confusi” Classical Journal 91.1.
- “Recognizing Helen” Illinois Classical Studies 23 (1998).
Honors and Awards:
- Milton Plesur Award for Distinguished Teaching, SUNY, Buffalo (2005).
- A history of the early archaeology of the western coast of Turkey: British dilettantes and the British Navy.
- Greek 201/202/301/302; Latin 202; World Civilizations; Heroes.