- M.A. Cornell University
- Ph.D. Cornell University (directed by Frederick M. Ahl)
- Imperial Latin Literature, Roman Epic, Late Antique Literature, Reception of Classical Literature
- "Double, Double: Two Late Roman Medeas" in Roman Medea, ed. A.J. Boyle. Ramus 41.1 (2012), 161-89.
- The Origin of Sin: An English Translation of the Hamartigenia. With notes and interpretive essay. Cornell University Press, November 2011. Link to BMCR review
- “Tacitus and the Twentieth Century Novel.” In A.J. Woodman ed., The Cambridge Companion to Tacitus. Cambridge University Press, 2010 (300-16).
- “Lucan and Petronius: Primitive Politics”, in Writing Politics in Imperial Rome, edited J. Garthwaite and W. Dominik. Brill. 2009.
- “A Spectacular Meal: Domitian’s Banquet in Silvae 4.2,” in Statius’ Silvae and the Poetics of Intimacy, eds. Carole Newlands, Antony Augoustakis, and Martha Malamud. Arethusa 40.2 (May 2007), 223-44.
- A Poetics of Transformation: Prudentius and Classical Mythology. Cornell University Press, 1989.
Edited Volumes: of Arethusa
- The Art of Art History, with Michael Squires, Verity Platt, and John Dugan. Arethusa. May 2010.
- Celluloid Classics, with John Dugan and Kirsten Day. Arethusa 41.1, Winter 2008.
- Ingens Eloquentiae Materia: Rhetoric and Empire in Tacitus, with Rhiannon Ash. Arethusa 39.2, Spring 2006.
Arethusa Books Series:
- The Roman Gaze: Vision, Power, and the Body. Series Editor: Martha Malamud, Editor David Fredrick. Johns Hopkins University Press, Arethusa Books Series. Fall 2002.
- Aristophanes and the Carnival of Genres, by Charles Platter. Series Editor Martha Malamud.
- Imperial Projections: Ancient Rome and Modern Popular Culture. Series Editor, Martha Malamud, Editors Sandra Joshel, Donald McGuire, and Margaret Malamud. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001 (reprinted 2007).
- Gendered Dynamics in Latin Love Poetry. Series Editor Martha Malamud. Editors Ronnie Ancona and Ellen Greene. Johns Hopkins University Press, Arethusa Books Series. 2005.
Offices in Professional Organizations
- Committee for Research, American Philological Association
- Chair, American Philological Association Nominating Committee
- American Philological Association Committee for the Study of Women and Minority Groups.
- American Philological Association Ad Hoc Committee for the Database.
- Classical Association of the Atlantic States Board of Directors
Honors and Awards
- Rothman Distinguished Lectures in Classics. University of Florida, Gainesville.
- SUNY Conferences in the Disciplines Grant.
- American Council of Learned Societies Grant.
- Rome Prize in Classical Studies, The American Academy in Rome (National Endowment for the Humanities Senior Fellowship).
- Mellon Fellowship at the University of Southern California.
- Undergraduate: Latin 201, Latin 202, Latin 301 (Ovid), Latin 302 (Catullus and Horace), Vergil’s Eclogues; Readings in Latin Literature; Classical Epic Traditions (CL 315)
- Graduate: Vergil, Ovid’s Metamorphoses, Late Antique Literature, Sallust, Tacitus, Roman Drama, Age of Nero, Roman Satire