Bradley A. Ault
Director of Graduate Studies
- M.A.: Indiana University, Program in Classical Archaeology (1986)
- M.A.: Indiana University, Department of Art History (1989)
- Ph.D.: Indiana University, Program in Classical Archaeology (1994)
- Greek, Cypriot, and Roman art and archaeology; houses and households; cities and urbanism, agriculture and the ancient countryside.
- “Building Z in the Athenian Kerameikos: House, Tavern, Inn, Brothel?”, in Houses of Ill Repute: The Archaeology of Brothels, Houses, and Taverns in the Greek World. Alison Glazebrook and Barbara Tsakirgis, eds., 75-102 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2016).
- “Greek Domestic Architecture”, in A Companion to Science, Technology, and Medicine in Ancient Greece and Rome. Georgia L. Irby, ed., 656-671 (Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell, 2016).
- “ΟΙΚΟΣ ΚΑΛΟΣ. The Environmental Logic of Greek Urban House Forms”, in Housing and Habitat in the Ancient Mediterranean World: Cultural and Environmental Responses. A. Andrea Di Castro, Colin A. Hope, and Bruce E. Parr, eds., 123-132 (Leuven: Peeters, 2015; Babesch Supplements 26).
- “Kitchens”, in A Companion to Food in the Ancient World. John Wilkins and Robin Nadeau, eds., 206-211 (Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell, 2015).
- The Houses: The Organization and Use of Domestic Space. Excavations at Ancient Halieis, 2 (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2005).
- Ed. with Lisa C. Nevett, Ancient Greek Houses and Households: Chronological, Regional, and Social Diversity (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2005).
Offices in Professional Organizations:
- President, Archaeological Institute of America, Western New York Society (2005-2010)
- Treasurer, Archaeological Institute of America, Western New York Society (2010-present)
- Executive Secretary, Institute for Mediterranean Archaeology, University at Buffalo (2007-present)
Honors and Awards:
- Blegen Research Fellowship, Vassar College (1997-1998).
- Fulbright Fellowship, American School of Classical Studies at Athens. (1991-1992).
- Rainer Horstmann Fellowship, Freie Universität, Berlin (1990-1991).
- Ceramics Processing/Analysis, The Olynthos Project (Olynthos, Greece), 2015-present
- Co-Director, Akrotiri-Dreamer’s Bay Ancient Port Project (Akrotiri, Cyprus), 2006-2011.
- Co-Director, Halieis Exploration Project (Porto Cheli, Greece), 2000-2003.
- Greek & Roman Archaeology; Warfare in the Ancient Mediterranean World; Greek Archaeology 1; Greek Archaeology 2; The Greek City: polis, chora, & oikos; UB Classics in the Mediterranean (Winter Session Study Abroad Program)
- The Archaeology of Classical Urbanism: Ancient Greek Cities; Classical Houses and Households; The Topography of Athens and Attica; The Greek Overseas; The Iconography of Greek Painted Pottery